is one of the primary antagonists in Sonic Lost World. He is a Zeti and a member of the Deadly Six. When Dr. Eggman came to the Lost Hex, Zomom and the other members of the Deadly Six were forced into serving the doctor due to the effects of the Cacophonic Conch. After Sonic the Hedgehog arrived and got rid of the conch, Zomom and the others rebelled against Eggman and took control of his forces. Afterwards, Zomom followed Zavok's plans to make him and the other Deadly Six stronger by using Eggman's Extractor, while destroying Earth, but was ultimately defeated by Sonic.
Zomom's entire body is somewhat circular in shape, giving him a rather chubby appearance. His upper body is a vibrant orange color. His thick arms end with equally large five-fingered hands with yellow nails. His lower body is pure black, and Zomom's legs are so stubby to be nearly non-existent. His flat feet are each tipped with a pair of yellow claws, with a third on the heel. Zomom appears to have some sort of stubby tail.
Zomom has thick yellow lips and he appears to be missing some teeth and others seem chipped. Unlike the other Zeti however, Zomom's teeth are square in shape instead of sharp fangs. Zomom has small red eyes with yellow sclera, with black markings surrounding each eye. As seen in the cutscenes, both of Zomom's eyes rarely point in the same direction, (such as the cutscene preceding his fight in Lava Mountain, where neither of them looked towards the camera). Zomom is fully bald, unlike the other Zeti. On the top of his head Zomom appears to have four relatively short yet sharp horns, each one being striped black and red. On his wrists Zomom wears a pair of black bracelets with grey spikes.
Shortly before the events of Sonic Lost World, Zomom and the other Deadly Six met Dr. Eggman, who used a Cacophonic Conch to enslave them. Zomom then begrudgingly assisted Eggman in his latest scheme for world domination by capturing the animals Eggman needed to build an army of Badniks.
When Eggman returned to his factory, Zomom was present when Eggman showed him and the other Deadly Six how to make Badniks and when he revealed his intention for him and the other Deadly Six to help defeat Sonic the Hedgehog. Soon after that, he witnessed Zazz take off to fight Sonic.
Later on, Zomom was in Windy Hill with Eggman and the other Deadly Six, when they were found by Sonic. When Eggman then left Zazz to finish Sonic, Zomom and the other Deadly Six left with Eggman. Afterwards, Zomom and the others resumed gathering animals for Eggman. However, the animals they got were deemed underwhelming by Eggman, and Zomom and the other Deadly Six were punished by hearing the Cacophonic Conch when Zavok spoke up.
A while later, Zomom was send out by Eggman to defeat Sonic after being persuaded with a large sandwich and fought Sonic in Desert Ruins, but was defeated. Later on, as Zomom was eating a colossal sandwich, Sonic arrived, with Zomom being angered when Sonic criticized his health habits before he left to get mustard for his sandwich. When Sonic caught up to him, they fought, but Zomom lost again.
Some time afterwards in Desert Ruins, Zomom and the other Deadly Six were scolded by Eggman for their failures and punished by hearing the Cacophonic Conch again. However, Sonic then appeared and knocked the conch away. Now free to use their powers, Zomom and the other Deadly Six took control of Eggman's Badniks and used them to attack everyone present. Upon Zavok's orders, Zomom proceeded to attack Eggman alongside Zazz, knocking Eggman out of his Egg Mobile, before Eggman, Orbot, Cubot, Sonic and Tails fled.
After being freed by Sonic, Zomom and the other Deadly Six took control of Eggman's operations on the Lost Hex, though Sonic still opposed them. When Master Zik offered to go deal with Sonic, Zomom was involuntarily used by Master Zik to demonstrate his physical prowess. When Master Zik later reported back, Zomom heard Zavok announce his plan to destroy the Earth with Eggman's Extractor and use its harvested energies to make himself and the other Deadly Six stronger, which in turn would kill Eggman as punishment for their enslavement. Wishing to kill Eggman (though also eat him), Zomom went with Zavok's plan.
Some time later, Zomom and the other Deadly Six set up a trap to capture Sonic so they could turn him into a robot in their service. When the trap returned with Sonic seemingly caught in it, however, Zomom discovered that they had instead caught Tails. Zor then arrived to tell that they had failed to capture Sonic, to which Zomom and the others scowled in response.
Later on, Zomom helped Zavok prepare the machine that would turn Tails into their robotic slave, before leaving the machines to fulfill the process while Zomom left (unknowingly leaving his sandwich behind, which Tails used to stop the machine). Not long after, Zomom and Zazz attacked Sonic, Eggman, Cubot and Orbot when they arrived at Lava Mountain. With their strength enhanced by the Extractor's harvested energy, Zomom and Zazz threw boulders at them and knocked everyone except Sonic into a lava pit. Shortly after, Zomom teamed up with Zazz and Master Zik to attack Sonic after he had avoided their first assault. Despite having his strength enhanced by the energy from the Extractor, however, Zomom was defeated for good. What happened to Zomom afterwards is unclear.
Zomom's two dominant traits are his lack of intelligence and his boundless appetite for food. He is not very bright, possessing a very simple way of thinking, and can sometimes accidently end up embarrassing himself. He is also somewhat bumbling and slow, stumbling his way through factories while oblivious to the damage he causes and it takes him some time to pick up on things, not catching up on Sonic's figure of speeches and not realizing at first that they had caught Tails in their trap when he thought they had caught Sonic. Regardless, Zomom is aware that he stands out as stupid and embarrassing (believing it is in the worst kind of way), though he does not wish to appear any worse.
Zomom is a gluttonous Zeti with an unlimited appetite, and just seeing or mentioning anything food-related can stir up his appetite. He loves eating to the point where he is almost always seen eating and he can easily be motivated or distracted by food. In fact, he relishes in eating to the point where he will eat everything in sight, even showing interest in eating other people whole.
Zomom is somewhat sensitive about his size. While not showing any dislike of his own about his chubby appearance, bordering on denial of it, he gets hurt emotionally when someone calls him "fat" or makes fun of his size, which will result in him getting agitated or making threats.
Like the other members of the Deadly Six, Zomom is inherently malicious and violent. He takes great enjoyment in causing pain, inflicting physical punishment and killing others, and finds fun in hostile violence. He also has no qualms about causing massive genocide or widespread destruction for his own gain. Zomom also comes off as vengeful, given that once he was freed from Eggman's enslavement by Sonic, he launched an attack on the scientist with the other Deadly Six, and afterwards, he wanted to squeeze Eggman to death and eat him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Zomom possesses a high level of physical strength, enough to easily crush people to death. Despite his size, Zomom is also capable of very fast movements; he can spin around himself at such high speeds that he can form large dust tornadoes around himself that have wind currents strong enough to lift thick and solid blocks. He also has incredible jumping skill, allowing him to leap high into the air and across very large distances in an instant.
In practice, Zomom is able to use his massive build to his advantage. By using his girth to launch downward impacts on the ground, Zomom can create violent tremors across a wide area that can tear up the environment and make people lose their footing, or flatten foes with devastating force.
Besides physical abilities, Zomom is a very profound burrower, capable of digging through ground and rock at speeds rivaling that of the Yellow Drill. He also has the ability to project harmful yellow energy blasts from his body. In the Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic Lost World, Zomom is also shown being capable of flight.
Zomom possesses very high eating capabilities, bordering on that of unlimited, as he is capable of performing feats such as eating a turkey leg in one bite without removing the bone, or consuming excessive large amounts of food that surpasses the proportions of his own size.
As a Zeti, Zomom has the innate ability to manipulate magnetic fields, which allows him to take control over electronics. This allows Zomom to take control of and command robots, such as Badniks, by touching his forehead and then using his hands to issue commands, and to remotely pilot mechs without using physical control interfaces.
- Main article: Zomom (boss)
Zomon is encountered at Desert Ruins on the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World. His boss fight includes him jumping on a 2.5D view while trying to crush Sonic. He will also spin around his arms in a fast movement, similar to a tornado of sorts. He moves at a fast pace despite his weight. He is shown to be encountered in Zone One and Zone Two of Desert Ruins.
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
Zomom made a brief appearance in Sonic Halloween Comic Fest 2013 and Sonic Super Special Magazine #9 published by Archie Comics, which are both comic book prequels to Sonic Lost World. In the comics, after Dr. Eggman had enslaved the Deadly Six with his Cacophonic Conch, Zomom and the other members of the Deadly were rounded by Zavok, and went down to Earth to capture animals for Eggman.
- "Wow! You're barely a snack!"
- —Zomom before fighting Sonic for the first time.
- "urgh! You're the worst meal ever!"
- —Zomom after Sonic hit him with a Homing Attack.
- "Who are you calling fat?"
- —Zomom after being called fat by Eggman.
- "Oh, man! I can't believe he's made it this far! He's gonna make me look bad... I mean worse! Is that even possible?!"
- —Zomom when Sonic is approaching him.
- "Does this mean no dessert?"
- —Zomom after being defeated for the first time.
- "Hey! I forgot the mustard! Be right back!"
- —Zomom after meeting Sonic again.
- "My dinner is served!"
- —Zomom before fighting Sonic.
- "I gotta go, it's dinner time."
- —Zomom after being defeated.
- "Uh, how come he's not blue?"
- —Zomom when he's witnessing Tails, and not Sonic, captured.
- "It'll be fun to have your little buddy scramble you like an omelet. Omelet... hmmmm."
- —Zomom taunting Tails about having to fight Sonic.
- "Blue! My favorite flavor."
- —Zomom before fighting Sonic for the last time.
- "Mom was right, I'm a failure!"
- —Zomom after being defeated for the last time.
- "oh boy! Sandwich!"
- —Zomom while being hired by Eggman.
- "Aw man! Now you made me hungry!"
- —Zomom while joining Zazz and Master Zik.
- "You're small and fast but I'm big and slow! Hey, wait. You better not make fun of my size. It's hurtful!"
- —Zomom when Sonic is approaching him.
- "hmm... you look like a giant blueberry. All nice and juicy. I hope those spines don't stick in my throat when I swallow him whole!"
- —Zomom when Sonic is approaching him
- "Gonna tenderize you, meat!"
- —Zomom after being hit by a Homing Attack.
- Zomom has more horns than any other member of the Deadly Six.
- Zomom is the heaviest of the Deadly Six.
- Zomom's attacks bear a striking resemblance to Boom Boom's attacks from New Super Mario Bros. U.
- Interestingly, both bosses are fought in a desert-themed level with interactive dessert objects (though Boom Boom has been fought in a variety of places in the Super Mario series).
- Just after his second defeat at the hands of Sonic, Zomom mentions "Mom was right, I'm a failure!" This suggests that there are other Zeti, or at least that there were other Zeti. Zomom is also the only Zeti to mention even having a family.
- Zomom's name is probably based on "Nom nom" noises, a reference to his eating habits.
- At one point in Lava Mountain, Zeena makes a reference to Zomom, by saying: "That's it! I'm going to turn you into a blue snowcone and feed you to that glutton Zomom, because I'm on a diet and can't eat snowcones!" This marks the only time during the events of Sonic Lost World, where Zomom is referenced by his name.
- This is also one of the two things that suggests to many that the Deadly Six survived their final battles with Sonic, since Zomom is seemingly dead at this time, meaning that either Zomom somehow survived or Zeena did not know what became of him.
- In the Nightmare Zone DLC, Zomom is the only member of the Deadly Six not to be riding on a Second-Level Nightmaren.
- Zomom is the only member of the Deadly Six who does not have hair
- ↑ Exactly what becomes of Zomom after his final battle is not clear: In the Wii U version, Zomom disappears in a puff of smoke after being beaten, and in the Nintendo 3DS, he fled after his final defeat. However, Eggman's final words to Sonic at the end of both versions of the game imply that Zomom and his fellow Zeti survived their battle with Sonic, and that Zomom seemingly fled after her final defeat.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1  Retrieved on 2008-10-06.
- ↑ http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/08/nintendo-direct-shows-new-sonic-lost-world-footage-wii-u-3ds/