Frog Forest is the ninth stage in Sonic Heroes. The stage is played differently for each team. In the level, there are giant frogs which can be found. They have the power to create rain and make plants grow faster, allowing teams to progress through the level.
On the Team Chaotix level, the mission is to complete the level without being noticed by the frogs. The Extra mission includes a time limit. The easiest way to complete this mission is to use Espio's Leaf Tornado to turn invisible.
After destroying Egg Albatross in Bullet Station, the heroes go north to a canopy. Team Sonic goes through the forest to stop the Egg Fleet . Team Dark must go through the forest to make Eggman explain about the Shadow Android at the Egg Albatross crash. Team Rose now searches for Froggy and Chocola in addition to Sonic after concluding that Eggman stole them. Team Chaotix must sneak through the forest while avoiding Eggman's Robots and therefore must avoid the giant frogs as they will alert the robots if they spot Team Chaotix.
The regular/extra missions are:
- Team Sonic: Get through the forest! / Get to the Goal Ring within 5 minutes!
- Team Dark: Get through the forest! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Team Rose: Get through the forest! / Collect 200 rings!
- Team Chaotix: Avoid being detected by the frogs! / Hurry and avoid being detected by the frogs! (Within 4 minutes)
Rank Requirements (Normal Missions)Edit
|Rank A||Rank B||Rank C||Rank D||Rank E||Mission 1|
|Team Sonic||35,000||32,000||28,000||25,000||<25,000||Get through the forest where the wild animals live.|
|Team Dark||45,000||40,000||35,000||30,000||<30,000||Get through the forest where the wild animals live.|
|Team Rose||40,000||38,000||34,000||30,000||<30,000||Explore the forest where the frogs live.|
|Team Chaotix||40,000||38,000||34,000||30,000||<30,000||Get through the forest without being detected by the frogs.|
Rank Requirements (Extra Missions)Edit
|Rank A||Rank B||Rank C||Rank D||Rank E||Mission 2|
|Team Sonic||38,000||35,000||30,000||28,000||<28,000||Get to the goal ring within 5 minutes.|
|Team Dark||14:00||14:30||15:00||16:00||>16:00||Defeat 100 enemies (Time minutes.)|
|Team Rose||3:30||4:00||4:30||5:00||>5:00||Collect 200 rings (Time minutes.)|
|Team Chaotix||42,000||40,000||36,000||32,000||<32,000||Avoid detection and get to the goal ring within 4 minutes.|
- This stage, in both appearance and music, is similar to Ellinia in the MMORPG MapleStory.
- With some practice, you'll be able to get Team Rose over to Team Sonic/Dark's section on Frog Forest if you pass the Goal Ring.
- The second flower which leads to the high level than the other one can be possible to go on if the fly formation gets on the platform of plant.
- This stage has the least amount of use for Knuckles in the entire game.
- Mushroom Hill Zone from Sonic & Knuckles is mentioned in when Knuckles says "We have jungle mushrooms on my island, too...but not this huge"